Painting glass vases is an easy and cheap gift incentive. You can also use these painted glass vases as a decoration for your house. You might also be just looking for a way to spice up your home; maybe some things just look way too old or boring, or you want to bring some style, elegance, and class into your home. Whatever the case might be, all you need is some quick, easy, and budget-friendly decoration ideas, so you might have chosen to hit up your local dollar store and get some vases.
How to spray paint glass vases?
Glass vases can be of different sizes and shapes. Coloring on them will give off a funky and bright look. You can spice up an old cabinet with just one hand-painted glass vase. Throw on some daisies or orchids or any flower you like to add on a special element.
Few supplies which are required to spray paint on glass vases:
- Glass vases obviously
- Spray Paints like Rustoleum
- A plain cardboard
Firstly, you need to wash your glass vases. Before you start painting on them, cleaning the vases is an essential step. You can use dish soap and water to wash them. After a good wash, make them dry and wipe them. Then you can put your glass vases on top of the cardboard and keep them outside. It is easy to paint glass vases. It is the first method on how to paint glass vases.
The second step is to coat the vase with paint. For this step, you need several coats of paint. It is to ensure all the paint stays intact and for a long time. You also need to let the paint dry with every coat of paint you put on. It should be like, one coat of paint and the other time is for drying the paint, and repeat it several times. On a warm sunny day, the paint dries quickly. It can act as a bonus. After 3 or 4 coats of paint, it should give a nice color to your glass vase. Wear gloves when you spray paint on your vases. This is how you paint glass vases.
Make sure to allow your vases to dry off completely. During this time do not touch them. If it requires, do not touch it for weeks, in order for the paint to dry off completely.
Next step to make the vases stand out, even more, is to add something inside them. You can add many things to your beautiful vases. You can use these vase filler ideas:
– You could use split peas. Split peas are incredibly beautiful, tiny, and soothing to look at. They are bright and have a beautiful green color to them. This quality of the split peas makes them just perfect for springtime decorations. It would look even more stunning if you put your vase beside a window to let sunlight fall on them and you will see how mesmerizing they look. The sunlight would further enhance the color of the split peas making them look brighter than they already look.
– You could use split peas. Split peas are incredibly beautiful, small and just lovely. They are bright and have a beautiful green color to them. This makes them just perfect for springtime decorations! It would look even more stunning if you put your vase beside a window to help let sunlight fall on them and you will see how mesmerizing they look.
- Perhaps, the easiest is to add fake flowers. They will make your painted vases stand out even more.You could use wine corks to fill the space between all kinds of cylinders; be it large or small vase cylinders. They will add a hint of elegance and class to your room. Adding a candle to the center will give a warmer and cozier effect.
How to remove spray paint from glasses?
Whether it is a craft or anything, sometimes you might want to remove a little bit of excess paint. It could give off an awful look. Maybe you want to recolor it or spice up your room in a different color. Maybe the new color scheme is not matching with the old vases. This article will help you get an idea of how to remove paint from your glass vases.
Supplies you will need to remove paint from glass vases:
- White vinegar
- A measuring cup or mixer
- Rubber gloves, wear them all times
- Dish soap
- Warm water
- Old towels
It is okay to not have something on the list. You can replace it with one or the other. The items listed are exhaustive, you will be able to get them everywhere. We carefully selected these items since they are daily household items. We will tell you easy ways on how to remove spray paint from glass vases.
Firstly, make sure to clean the vase. Like, a backyard lawn or a safe place. Make sure to put on your rubber gloves, as spray paint may contain some chemicals.
Then Pour some vinegar into a bowl or cup. Bring the vinegar to a boil in the microwave. Use heat-resistant gloves to hold the hot cup. Be careful in this step it will be very hot.
Dip the towels in the cup of vinegar. Use it to rub on the glass vase and remove the paint. Do it slowly and carefully to remove the paint from the vase. It is how you remove paint from glass vases.
If the paint does not come off, watch some tutorials on Youtube, on how to remove paint from glass vases. It alone should take the color from your vases.
Painted vases are a classy and comfortable combination to your vase that would be perfect for your home’s decoration. It will help you soothe and relax after a long day of work. It will also not only add sophistication to your house but also make it so warm.
Vases are often decorated with Intricate patterns, uncommon objects, tribal patterns, floral patterns, stripes, pink and green pieces. The more well-kept vases are generally more valuable and priced higher. It is also important to uncover or know any “critical” damage which can highly impact the value of a piece. Today’s article helps everyone in two ways. Both how to color and remove spray paint is written to help our readers.
Yes, you can remove spray paint from glass vases. Removing paint from vases is easy and cheap to do.
First, wash and dry your vase before applying any spray paint. Wear gloves while you spray paint on any glass vase. It is easy for paint to run on, layers of coating can help in lasting the paint for a long time.
Yes, it is okay. With spray paint, you can transform old vases into new ones.